Will Matt Ryan Have His First Good Game Of The Season This Week?

* * - - - 7 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
113 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

I got my Ryan pom poms out this week. I'm thinking the big stage this week is perfect for him to finally break out of this 12 or 13 game suck fest we've had to endure. Hopefully he's able to have his first good game this week.

#2 fan72

fan72

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

View PostMr 3 and Out, on 10 November 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

I got my Ryan pom poms out this week. I'm thinking the big stage this week is perfect for him to finally break out of this 12 or 13 game suck fest we've had to endure. Hopefully he's able to have his first good game this week.
The better question is what will you complain about if he does?

#3 Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

View Postfan72, on 10 November 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

The better question is what will you complain about if he does?
Nothing. I'm very complimentary of Ryan when he does well. The baltimore game last year is a prime example. I'm trying to be positive here. Let's not turn this into a Ryan bashing thread please? I'm trying to be positive.

#4 Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

In fact, I'm pretty sure the last NO game was when Ryan started his swift fall from grace. Maybe it's redemption time and the arrow can start to work its way to pointing up for him.

#5 fan72

fan72

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

View PostMr 3 and Out, on 10 November 2011 - 09:10 PM, said:

Nothing. I'm very complimentary of Ryan when he does well. The baltimore game last year is a prime example. I'm trying to be positive here. Let's not turn this into a Ryan bashing thread please? I'm trying to be positive.
LOL ok have at it bring on the positive Ryan remarks .

#6 BankerBirdô

BankerBirdô

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,844 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Ryan pom-poms?

#7 Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

View PostBankerBird™, on 10 November 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

Ryan pom-poms?
Yea I'm goin full homer this week. Of course I tried last week and failed miserably, because I wrongly predicted he would have his first good game of the season, but I'm remaining optimistic. He doesn't even have to do much, just not suck. That's all.

#8 Carl927

Carl927

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

Thanks.

Now that stupid Geico caveman cheerleader commercial is stuck in my head.

#9 Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

View PostCarl927, on 10 November 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

Thanks.

Now that stupid Geico caveman cheerleader commercial is stuck in my head.
LOL They have me at the bottom of the pyramid

#10 j105

j105

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

View PostMr 3 and Out, on 10 November 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

I have a serious question for you:

In your opinion, are players not allowed to have bad seasons? The reason I ask this is, if you are indeed a fan of the team and not just a troll, then you would have to come to the conclusion that this does sometimes happen.

Look at Phillip Rivers and Joe Flacco. Both are having bad seasons compared to their normal play. Same with Ryan. That being said, if the Ravens or Chargers were to dump them based off this one season alone, it would be incredibly foolish. Both teams know what they are capable of, and hope it is just a temporary thing. QB stability is very important and you should stick with good players at the position, even if they are having momentary troubles. Yet you insist we ship off or bench Ryan. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Is Ryan playing great? No, not by any stretch, but we are not going to bench or get rid of him because it would be foolish to do so. Hes just, hopefully, in a down swing at the moment.

So now im forced to think you are just doing this to bother people. If not, please recognize that we are not going to get rid of Matt because of one season and endless complaining from you wont change that. Find a player you DO like and instead make threads about him.

Or just keep complaining and confirm troll status.

#11 Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

Are players allowed to have bad seasons? Yes. Ryan's already had 1 and he's working on another and in fact, this one is worse than his last bad season. He actually had games worth mentioning that year. Not once this year has Ryan had a good outing. There is always some glaring problem for some reason. Maybe he's hurt? I don't know but he is not playing good at all and he's holding us back.

#12 Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

Answer me this. Did you EVER think we'd be going into week 10 and haven't seen Matty Melt have one good game? I didn't have high expectations for the guy, I'm not going to lie, but I figured the proverbial sun shining on a dog's *** would have occurred at least 2 or 3 times this year. It baffles me that people are so supportive of this kind of play. Makes me envious of other teams whose fans hold players accountable.

#13 fan72

fan72

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

View PostMr 3 and Out, on 10 November 2011 - 09:49 PM, said:

Are players allowed to have bad seasons? Yes. Ryan's already had 1 and he's working on another and in fact, this one is worse than his last bad season. He actually had games worth mentioning that year. Not once this year has Ryan had a good outing. There is always some glaring problem for some reason. Maybe he's hurt? I don't know but he is not playing good at all and he's holding us back.
Please adhere to your own words Troll.
Let's not turn this into a Ryan bashing thread please? I'm trying to be positive.

View PostMr 3 and Out, on 10 November 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

Answer me this. Did you EVER think we'd be going into week 10 and haven't seen Matty Melt have one good game? I didn't have high expectations for the guy, I'm not going to lie, but I figured the proverbial sun shining on a dog's *** would have occurred at least 2 or 3 times this year. It baffles me that people are so supportive of this kind of play. Makes me envious of other teams whose fans hold players accountable.
Please adhere to your own words Troll.
Let's not turn this into a Ryan bashing thread please? I'm trying to be positive.

#14 Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

View Postj105, on 10 November 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

I have a serious question for you:

In your opinion, are players not allowed to have bad seasons? The reason I ask this is, if you are indeed a fan of the team and not just a troll, then you would have to come to the conclusion that this does sometimes happen.

Look at Phillip Rivers and Joe Flacco. Both are having bad seasons compared to their normal play. Same with Ryan. That being said, if the Ravens or Chargers were to dump them based off this one season alone, it would be incredibly foolish. Both teams know what they are capable of, and hope it is just a temporary thing. QB stability is very important and you should stick with good players at the position, even if they are having momentary troubles. Yet you insist we ship off or bench Ryan. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Is Ryan playing great? No, not by any stretch, but we are not going to bench or get rid of him because it would be foolish to do so. Hes just, hopefully, in a down swing at the moment.

So now im forced to think you are just doing this to bother people. If not, please recognize that we are not going to get rid of Matt because of one season and endless complaining from you wont change that. Find a player you DO like and instead make threads about him.

Or just keep complaining and confirm troll status.
Rivers and flacco have had good games this year. Let's compare apples to apples please.

#15 j105

j105

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

View PostMr 3 and Out, on 10 November 2011 - 09:49 PM, said:

So basically, you didn't read what I wrote. Unfortunate then, I was kinda hoping you were not just another troll. Ah well

#16 j105

j105

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

View PostMr 3 and Out, on 10 November 2011 - 09:53 PM, said:

Rivers and flacco have had good games this year. Let's compare apples to apples please.

They have also had much worse games then Ryan. Just what exactly is a good game for you then?

#17 Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

View Postj105, on 10 November 2011 - 09:55 PM, said:

They have also had much worse games then Ryan. Just what exactly is a good game for you then?
Worse than the tampa game? or Chicago? lol or detroit? Why don't you tell me what a good game is. Rank Ryan's 3 best games this year for me. Please.

Edited by Mr 3 and Out, 10 November 2011 - 09:58 PM.

#18 j105

j105

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

View PostMr 3 and Out, on 10 November 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

Worse than the tampa game? or Chicago? lol or detroit? Why don't you tell me what a good game is. Rank Ryan's 3 best games this year for me. Please.

1.) Eagles

2.) Colts

3.) Carolina

In all 3 he limited his mistakes and got us the win.

Now please reread my first post to you. I'm not going to get into a war of words about Ryan. I have already admitted he is having an off season. But he isn't playing as bad as you want to make it appear, and hes not going anywhere. Get use to it. Read my first post. I'm done discussing this.

#19 Carl927

Carl927

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

TD is not bringing Tebow home.  Ryan is here to stay.

#20 TorrisATL

TorrisATL

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,224 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

Uh, last 3 games he has two with QBR 100+