So, For All You Saints Fans So Certain About A Victory In Atlanta This Week, Weren't You Thinking

- - - - -

This topic is in the process of being archived.
49 replies to this topic

#1 falconidae

falconidae

Falconinae

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

the exact same thing before the rams game?

#2 Laugher

Laugher

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

Saints overlooked rams I give you that, but this is a NFCS game I think they will be prepared

#3 Aquietguy

Aquietguy

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

Will the Rams be playing in place of the Falcons?

#4 falconidae

falconidae

Falconinae

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

Well, so far, nobody has answered the question.

#5 SaintFan71

SaintFan71

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

no.

#6 falconidae

falconidae

Falconinae

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:30 AM

no.

Really? What were you thinking? And what are you thinking about this game?

#7 SaintFan71

SaintFan71

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

Really? What were you thinking? And what are you thinking about this game?

it was one of those classic nfl "look past" games. Happens every year in the NFL. I was nervous because of the perceived lack of talent on that squad. Going against AJ Feely, no name WR, a lack luster defensive squad. Every media outlet in America asking if we will drop 50 on the Rams after the Colts game. That is just about every ingredient in the receipe for "upset". And it happened. And needed to. That was a reset game. Get your mind right or in this league you will lose game.

This game im not even close to nervous. Quite happy with our execution last week vs Tampa and expect nothing less this week. The Saints know what is at stake and they will be fully prepared. If we bring our A game ( which I am assuming we will ) we win this game. By how much depends on the Falcons. This is a divisional game with a rival that desperately wants to shed the aura of inconsistency. This will be our third AWAY game to open the play between rivals ( game 1 v Carolina - away, game 1 vs TB - away ) They know the focus they need to bring to win.

Oh and its not that im "certain" we win this week....but im "certain" the Saints arent looking past the Falcons and will bring thier A game. And that is what gives me confidence.

Edited by SaintFan71, 10 November 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#8 falconidae

falconidae

Falconinae

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

it was one of those classic nfl "look past" games. Happens every year in the NFL. I was nervous because of the perceived lack of talent on that squad. Going against AJ Feely, no name WR, a lack luster defensive squad. Every media outlet in America asking if we will drop 50 on the Rams after the Colts game. That is just about every ingredient in the receipe for "upset". And it happened. And needed to. That was a reset game. Get your mind right or in this league you will lose game.

This game im not even close to nervous. Quite happy with our execution last week vs Tampa and expect nothing less this week. The Saints know what is at stake and they will be fully prepared. If we bring our A game ( which I am assuming we will ) we win this game. By how much depends on the Falcons. This is a divisional game with a rival that desperately wants to shed the aura of inconsistency. This will be our third AWAY game to open the play between rivals ( game 1 v Carolina - away, game 1 vs TB - away ) They know the focus they need to bring to win.

So, you were worried about a winless team [ falcons, by the way, have never lost to a sub 500 team in the SMith/Ryan era] and you're confident about the Falcons game?

OK

#9 SuperSK

SuperSK

Mods Make Him Randy

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,589 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

theres no difference in thinking before any game!
as a fan of a good team,i expect them to win every game!
DONT YOU?
didnt you think atl was going to cripple chicago?
what about TB?
didnt you think you could compete with GB?

#10 SuperSK

SuperSK

Mods Make Him Randy

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,589 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

So, you were worried about a winless team [ falcons, by the way, have never lost to a sub 500 team in the SMith/Ryan era] and you're confident about the Falcons game?

OK

and how many BIG GAMES have the ryan SMitty era won?
RIGHT, NOT MANY
so beat the weak and lose to the strong!!!
good motto for the failcons

#11 SaintFan71

SaintFan71

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

OK

U have a reading comprehension issue. Congrats to not losing to sub 500 teams...i guess it makes u feel better about losses to better teams.

#12 falconidae

falconidae

Falconinae

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

U have a reading comprehension issue. Congrats to not losing to sub 500 teams...i guess it makes u feel better about losses to better teams.

No, just thought you were answering the question I asked. Apparently, you were giving me the rationalization that came afterwards.

And your team can lose first place in the division this week because of a loss to a winless team, so yeah, it is important to win those games. Too bad your team doesn't know that.

#13 falconidae

falconidae

Falconinae

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

DONT YOU?
what about TB?

Of course, just pointing out that you can be wrong about that.

#14 SuperSK

SuperSK

Mods Make Him Randy

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,589 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:26 PM

Of course, just pointing out that you can be wrong about that.

SO CAN ATL FANS!!!
WE SURE DONT SEE MANY ATL FANS GIVING THE SAINTS A CHANCE TO WIN!!!
THEY ALL KEEP TALKING ABOUT HOW THAT AMAZING DEFENSE WILL STOP THE #1 OFFENSE YET OUR DEFENSE WHICH GIVES UP 1 MORE POINT CANT STOP THAT "GSOT 2" OFFENSE ATL HAS!!!!

#15 falconidae

falconidae

Falconinae

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

SO CAN ATL FANS!!!
WE SURE DONT SEE MANY ATL FANS GIVING THE SAINTS A CHANCE TO WIN!!!
THEY ALL KEEP TALKING ABOUT HOW THAT AMAZING DEFENSE WILL STOP THE #1 OFFENSE YET OUR DEFENSE WHICH GIVES UP 1 MORE POINT CANT STOP THAT "GSOT 2" OFFENSE ATL HAS!!!!

You saw me saying the Saints can win, and I never used greatest show on turf.

I expect the falcons to win- esp. if Vilma can't go. Brees QB rating is 30 points lower on the road than at home, Saints haven't beaten a winning team on the road, Saints D is beat up, their Oline isn't the same as last few years, 14 of 19 sacks have come on the road, last two losses, Saints were outscored 34-3 combined in the second quarters- this is not the super bowl team.

Falcons have been getting healthier and better as the season goes on- 4-1 in the last 5 games, only loss to GB, the Dline in particular has really stepped up -everybody is healthy and getting used to playing together, Spoon and Peters have really stepped up their game, Jones is a young stud, the Oline has settled down last few games- 15 sacks first 3 games, 4 in the last 5.

#16 SaintFan71

SaintFan71

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

No, just thought you were answering the question I asked. Apparently, you were giving me the rationalization that came afterwards.

And your team can lose first place in the division this week because of a loss to a winless team, so yeah, it is important to win those games. Too bad your team doesn't know that.

No I was giving you the "realization" that came before that game.

U still dont get it. But thats cool.

This Sunday - 1 winner 1 loser. Its that simple. We play well, we win. We dont, we lose. Does it hurt our chances at playoffs if we lose? idk....but we play 2 division games at tail end that may decide. Oh and both are here.

#17 SuperSK

SuperSK

Mods Make Him Randy

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,589 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

You saw me saying the Saints can win, and I never used greatest show on turf.

I expect the falcons to win- esp. if Vilma can't go. Brees QB rating is 30 points lower on the road than at home, Saints haven't beaten a winning team on the road, Saints D is beat up, their Oline isn't the same as last few years, 14 of 19 sacks have come on the road, last two losses, Saints were outscored 34-3 combined in the second quarters- this is not the super bowl team.

Falcons have been getting healthier and better as the season goes on- 4-1 in the last 5 games, only loss to GB, the Dline in particular has really stepped up -everybody is healthy and getting used to playing together, Spoon and Peters have really stepped up their game, Jones is a young stud, the Oline has settled down last few games- 15 sacks first 3 games, 4 in the last 5.

the only solid win atl has is against detroit and that was only by 7
thats your only win against a team with a winning record
your dline has stepped up? lets the play the HOME away thing
5 sacks at home 10 on the road
5 of which came against Chicago in the opener
AT HOME, ryan is completing 59% for 164 yards a game
an 82.6 rating, 6 tds 4 ints

Now you talk about Vilma but if you would look it up Vilma hasnt even played close to his normal ability since the start of the season. you can talk about leadership but it wasnt shown when he was in this year. Dunbar is a little more physical against the run anyway
as for the sacks, **** 6 came against Stl. so its not like hes getting abused every game.

speaking of quarters ATL in the last five games have been outscored 26-10 in the third!
this is not a SB team!!!

#18 st. diehard

st. diehard

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

I always go in open-minded. Its about matchups after all. Rams had a great gameplan and the Saints didn't have an answer. These games have been a problem for Payton and his staff. They need to do some soul searching.

As to this week... I expect the Saints are going to possess the ball. They're a league-leading 55% on 3rd down. Conversely, the falcons give up first downs 42% of the time. Bodes well, don't you think?

#19 falconidae

falconidae

Falconinae

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

I always go in open-minded. Its about matchups after all. Rams had a great gameplan and the Saints didn't have an answer. These games have been a problem for Payton and his staff. They need to do some soul searching.

As to this week... I expect the Saints are going to possess the ball. They're a league-leading 55% on 3rd down. Conversely, the falcons give up first downs 42% of the time. Bodes well, don't you think?

Will be one of the things to watch, and...
Falcons have been much better on 3rd down last few games- had a lot of new pieces and minor injuries on D, they're all healthy and settling in.

It's going to be another great game.

#20 freebird587

freebird587

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

DONT YOU?
what about TB?

we did make gb punt this time ; )