Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaMeatTroughsEgo

Baker Out 4 Weeks

71 posts in this topic

was just trying to make a thread but darn government internet blows... either way i think this is a great chance for @WillSvitek (he just got a twitter...Follow him) to win the starting job. Going against freeney and if he does well i say hes earned it in my book.

No thread on this yet??? You guys disappoint me.

Haven't you noticed? Everyone is busy fighting the Hate Ryan trolls in other threads.

Yet, somehow, this news doesn't bother me in the least.

slamee101 likes this

What a crazy season so far!!! Typically I'd go nuts over losing our starting LT, but I just breathed a sigh of relief. I'm guessing so did Matt Ryan.

I never thought I'd be relieved to have a back-up LT starting. I just hope Svitek can at least be stable, but luckily for him the bar is very low

News to me bro....lord....I hope Sunday isn't a trap game ala Saints v. Rams....

In my opinion, the Saints did the Falcons a huge favor in losing to the Rams when they did (during the Falcons bye week), because it gave Smitty an extra tool to use in getting them prepared to face the Colts. Not that the Falcons wouldn't have been prepared had the Saints not lost, however, it's got to be helpful to Smitty when he can face the players after the bye and say to them, "Don't even think that that can't happen to us."

Yess Svitek held his own against Kyle-VandaBosch or however u spell his name he was a pretty good DE. He got some time to gel with the offense lets see what he does against Freeny,Mathis. But im pretty sure that it will be better then Bakers outings.

I wonder if he came into the season with back issues before he was "injured." Not saying Baker would be Orlando Pace if he was fine, but maybe he can come back more effective with rest.

Just heard it on 790...

Blessing in disguise? While I don't think Svitek is necessarily our savior over there...I think he held his own.

I remember back in 05 or 06 a young tackle by the name of Clabo got in due to injury...just saying.

In my opinion, the Saints did the Falcons a huge favor in losing to the Rams when they did (during the Falcons bye week), because it gave Smitty an extra tool to use in getting them prepared to face the Colts. Not that the Falcons wouldn't have been prepared had the Saints not lost, however, it's got to be helpful to Smitty when he can face the players after the bye and say to them, "Don't even think that that can't happen to us."

Agreed BB! I was excited about that loss on 2 fronts. The Saints going down and I thought it would be good for our team to see coming off a bye week that you can't underestimate a team even they are winless. I think they'd have been prepared anyway...but still.

well its safe to say the great TD missed huge on SAM BAKER ...who is one of the worst LT in the game and TD moved up into first round to get ..

I think Baker is hurt. Watching his form, he appears really stiff at the point of contact. His balance is off making it easier to push him around like a shopping cart. It's conceivable his back is not what it should be.

well its safe to say the great TD missed huge on SAM BAKER ...who is one of the worst LT in the game and TD moved up into first round to get ..

How does this injury validate that statement ?

I agree 100% that Baker was a complete miss and is a horrible LT. I do have a quick question though. You are quick to bash TD over this missed pick which is understandable but name a GM who hasnt missed on a pick?

Will did good vs a motor guy, now lets see what he can do vs a speed rusher. He does well this game and we may have a player on our hands.