Dirty Birds Are Coached Up To Play Dirty?, Packer Players Believe So.

* * * * - 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 SaintsWrath

SaintsWrath

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:26 AM

"Great teams don't indulge in the kind of cheap stuff the Falcons do," Packers nose tackle B.J. Raji said. "We're the champions and we play that way. We walk away from the stuff they pull. These guys are coached to play after the whistle.

Read entire article here:
http://blackandgold....html#post338096

#2 rcky_mtn_falcon

rcky_mtn_falcon

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

Is this a friggin joke ??

The refs could have called the Packers for holding or illegal hands to the face on 90 percent of their offensive plays last night, and Raji's whining cause we play to the whistle ? Posted Image

#3 AthensDirtyBird

AthensDirtyBird

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

the packers are arrogant punks. they are quickly becoming a dislikable team

#4 SaintsWrath

SaintsWrath

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

Yeah i think they are quickly on the verge to become one of the most unliked teams in the NFL.  

Before the game i was cheering for Greenbay (of course to win) but as ya'll took the lead, it was like i was just as happy to see that arrogant smirk knocked off Rodgers face and that entire team knocked off their pedestal..  
But then Greenbay took the lead and kept it and i came to reality that i have to cheer for whats best for my team, even though this might have Saints going to Greenbay in the Post Season.

Edited by SaintsWrath, 10 October 2011 - 09:42 AM.

#5 Big Rob 64

Big Rob 64

Starting Lineup

• Banned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,075 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

I wish we WERE a dirty team. At least we could enjoy a nasty-attitude team that scraps, plays hard, and strikes a little fear/intimidation into our opponents. I'll never forget the time under Glanville when the playoff-bound Raiders wrote a letter of complaint to the league about us playing dirty.

The Raiders.
The RAIDERS!!!
Complaining about our dirty play.

I was almost as proud of that as I was our win over the Vikings to go to the Super Bowl.

#6 SaintsWrath

SaintsWrath

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

View Postrcky_mtn_falcon, on 10 October 2011 - 09:36 AM, said:

Is this a friggin joke ??

The refs could have called the Packers for holding or illegal hands to the face on 90 percent of their offensive plays last night, and Raji's whining cause we play to the whistle ? Posted Image
He said after the whistle..  i did actually see some after the whistle stuff from a few players on Atlanta side going on..   but this is big boy football, why was it necessary to whine about?

Edited by SaintsWrath, 10 October 2011 - 09:55 AM.

#7 AthensDirtyBird

AthensDirtyBird

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

This is just like when Rodgers made all those snarky comments about offseason workouts when they beat the saints. They have such a holier than thou attitude and it makes it that much worse because they can back it up with their play on the field

#8 back4the1sttime

back4the1sttime

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:02 AM

They are not the first team to say that about this team.  I don't like the reputation that is building.

#9 FalconinPA

FalconinPA

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

I don't know about being coached to play dirty, but I think they are being coached on how not to win.

#10 FRALIC

FRALIC

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:10 AM

If  fat boy wants to partake in a love match he should quit football and take up tennis that way he won't have any worries besides a racquet off the head  that may have accidently slipped.

#11 FalconsfanDK

FalconsfanDK

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

i am with Jamie Dukes on this... Packers are an incredible bunch of whiners... every last one of them... it used to be one of my favorite teams after the Falcons, but quickly becoming the team i hate the most... mostly due to their attitude.

#12 CasualObserver

CasualObserver

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

Being a Packer fan... I am honestly surprised at the Packer players' comments.

However, though it is just a game, it is also the livelihood of these guys - and an injury can put an end to that right away.  So, I can understand that playing after the whistle could be frustrating since it could lead to unnecessary injury. But, like a previous poster stated.. this is big-boy football.

I don't understand the comments about them being on a pedestal, they are a humble team that pretty much keeps their mouth shut.  And Rodger's comments regarding the off-season workouts... put it in context with the media-lashing he took for not organizing any.  It wasn't a poke at Brees or the Saints, it was aimed at the media.  Personally, I really like Brees and think he is a great person for New Orleans - and I also applaud him for taking the time to set up the off-season workouts.  I was one of the Packer fans questioning whether or not the Packers were in a Super Bowl hangover....

Back on topic, sorta, the only player for the Falcons who I think is dirty is Dunta Robinson... I feel like he takes cheap shots on defenseless receivers as a way to make up for his lack of coverage skills.  Sorry Falcons fans, I think he is stealing money from that team.

#13 since68andcounting

since68andcounting

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

I guess they have to have some whine with their cheese.

I've never seen a bigger bunch of crybabies in my life who claim to be "champions". They were constantly petitioning the refs for supposedly being wronged.

But it goes both ways. There were at least half a dozen "uncalls" on the Packers last night when they got down 14-0. Meanwhile, we were getting flagged for breathing. Matt Ryan got pummeled after releasing the ball MULTIPLE times. Go look at the replay on Sidbury's sack. He was pulled down by the neck, then got up and made the sack anyway.

It was almost like the word came down from the league, "uh-oh, we can't let this prime time game be a blowout. Let's even it up." The Packers got EVERY call until they took the lead. Then low and behold like magic, all of a sudden the flags started going the other way.

CRY ME A RIVER CHEESEHEADS.

#14 nomak

nomak

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

View PostCQB1997, on 10 October 2011 - 10:15 AM, said:

Being a Packer fan... I am honestly surprised at the Packer players' comments.

However, though it is just a game, it is also the livelihood of these guys - and an injury can put an end to that right away.  So, I can understand that playing after the whistle could be frustrating since it could lead to unnecessary injury. But, like a previous poster stated.. this is big-boy football.

I don't understand the comments about them being on a pedestal, they are a humble team that pretty much keeps their mouth shut.  And Rodger's comments regarding the off-season workouts... put it in context with the media-lashing he took for not organizing any.  It wasn't a poke at Brees or the Saints, it was aimed at the media.  Personally, I really like Brees and think he is a great person for New Orleans - and I also applaud him for taking the time to set up the off-season workouts.  I was one of the Packer fans questioning whether or not the Packers were in a Super Bowl hangover....

Back on topic, sorta, the only player for the Falcons who I think is dirty is Dunta Robinson... I feel like he takes cheap shots on defenseless receivers as a way to make up for his lack of coverage skills.  Sorry Falcons fans, I think he is stealing money from that team.

Shut up cheese turd!

#15 nomak

nomak

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

Matt Ryan up to last week has been beat'n to a bloody pulp and not one whimper out of him.

#16 CasualObserver

CasualObserver

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

View Postnomak, on 10 October 2011 - 10:21 AM, said:

Shut up cheese turd!
Classy.

#17 Claymaker

Claymaker

Rookie

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

Penalties

Green Bay 6/55
Atlanta 5/44

What a discrepency!

#18 falconmoon1

falconmoon1

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

Packers use this us against the world mentality ,,,and it works for them ...maybe we should try it .

#19 Bird of a Feather

Bird of a Feather

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

They can't just take the win and shut up, can they?

#20 rcky_mtn_falcon

rcky_mtn_falcon

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

View PostSaintsWrath, on 10 October 2011 - 09:54 AM, said:

He said after the whistle..  i did actually see some after the whistle stuff from a few players on Atlanta side going on..   but this is big boy football, why was it necessary to whine about?

To the whistle or a little past the whistle, I'm not going to nit pick.

I'm not sure exactly what he expects. Are teams just suppose to stop trying and fall down prostate to worship at Green Bay's altar ? They can go **** themselves.

View PostCQB1997, on 10 October 2011 - 10:15 AM, said:

Being a Packer fan...

I don't understand the comments about them being on a pedestal, they are a humble team that pretty much keeps their mouth shut.  

Being a Packers fan you see what you want to see .... the rest of the league is beginning to despise your team, and it's not because "they are just to good".

Their attitude makes people want to see them hurt