Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SaintsWrath

Dirty Birds Are Coached Up To Play Dirty?, Packer Players Believe So.

42 posts in this topic

"Great teams don't indulge in the kind of cheap stuff the Falcons do," Packers nose tackle B.J. Raji said. "We're the champions and we play that way. We walk away from the stuff they pull. These guys are coached to play after the whistle.

Read entire article here:

http://blackandgold.com/nfl/37118-dirty-birds-coached-up-play-dirty-packer-players-believe-so.html#post338096

Is this a friggin joke ??

The refs could have called the Packers for holding or illegal hands to the face on 90 percent of their offensive plays last night, and Raji's whining cause we play to the whistle ? rolleyes.gif

Yeah i think they are quickly on the verge to become one of the most unliked teams in the NFL.

Before the game i was cheering for Greenbay (of course to win) but as ya'll took the lead, it was like i was just as happy to see that arrogant smirk knocked off Rodgers face and that entire team knocked off their pedestal..

But then Greenbay took the lead and kept it and i came to reality that i have to cheer for whats best for my team, even though this might have Saints going to Greenbay in the Post Season.

I wish we WERE a dirty team. At least we could enjoy a nasty-attitude team that scraps, plays hard, and strikes a little fear/intimidation into our opponents. I'll never forget the time under Glanville when the playoff-bound Raiders wrote a letter of complaint to the league about us playing dirty.

The Raiders.

The RAIDERS!!!

Complaining about our dirty play.

I was almost as proud of that as I was our win over the Vikings to go to the Super Bowl.

paulitik and Falcons_LIFE like this

Is this a friggin joke ??

The refs could have called the Packers for holding or illegal hands to the face on 90 percent of their offensive plays last night, and Raji's whining cause we play to the whistle ? rolleyes.gif

He said after the whistle.. i did actually see some after the whistle stuff from a few players on Atlanta side going on.. but this is big boy football, why was it necessary to whine about?

This is just like when Rodgers made all those snarky comments about offseason workouts when they beat the saints. They have such a holier than thou attitude and it makes it that much worse because they can back it up with their play on the field

If fat boy wants to partake in a love match he should quit football and take up tennis that way he won't have any worries besides a racquet off the head that may have accidently slipped.

i am with Jamie Dukes on this... Packers are an incredible bunch of whiners... every last one of them... it used to be one of my favorite teams after the Falcons, but quickly becoming the team i hate the most... mostly due to their attitude.

Being a Packer fan... I am honestly surprised at the Packer players' comments.

However, though it is just a game, it is also the livelihood of these guys - and an injury can put an end to that right away. So, I can understand that playing after the whistle could be frustrating since it could lead to unnecessary injury. But, like a previous poster stated.. this is big-boy football.

I don't understand the comments about them being on a pedestal, they are a humble team that pretty much keeps their mouth shut. And Rodger's comments regarding the off-season workouts... put it in context with the media-lashing he took for not organizing any. It wasn't a poke at Brees or the Saints, it was aimed at the media. Personally, I really like Brees and think he is a great person for New Orleans - and I also applaud him for taking the time to set up the off-season workouts. I was one of the Packer fans questioning whether or not the Packers were in a Super Bowl hangover....

Back on topic, sorta, the only player for the Falcons who I think is dirty is Dunta Robinson... I feel like he takes cheap shots on defenseless receivers as a way to make up for his lack of coverage skills. Sorry Falcons fans, I think he is stealing money from that team.

I guess they have to have some whine with their cheese.

I've never seen a bigger bunch of crybabies in my life who claim to be "champions". They were constantly petitioning the refs for supposedly being wronged.

But it goes both ways. There were at least half a dozen "uncalls" on the Packers last night when they got down 14-0. Meanwhile, we were getting flagged for breathing. Matt Ryan got pummeled after releasing the ball MULTIPLE times. Go look at the replay on Sidbury's sack. He was pulled down by the neck, then got up and made the sack anyway.

It was almost like the word came down from the league, "uh-oh, we can't let this prime time game be a blowout. Let's even it up." The Packers got EVERY call until they took the lead. Then low and behold like magic, all of a sudden the flags started going the other way.

CRY ME A RIVER CHEESEHEADS.

Being a Packer fan... I am honestly surprised at the Packer players' comments.

However, though it is just a game, it is also the livelihood of these guys - and an injury can put an end to that right away. So, I can understand that playing after the whistle could be frustrating since it could lead to unnecessary injury. But, like a previous poster stated.. this is big-boy football.

I don't understand the comments about them being on a pedestal, they are a humble team that pretty much keeps their mouth shut. And Rodger's comments regarding the off-season workouts... put it in context with the media-lashing he took for not organizing any. It wasn't a poke at Brees or the Saints, it was aimed at the media. Personally, I really like Brees and think he is a great person for New Orleans - and I also applaud him for taking the time to set up the off-season workouts. I was one of the Packer fans questioning whether or not the Packers were in a Super Bowl hangover....

Back on topic, sorta, the only player for the Falcons who I think is dirty is Dunta Robinson... I feel like he takes cheap shots on defenseless receivers as a way to make up for his lack of coverage skills. Sorry Falcons fans, I think he is stealing money from that team.

Shut up cheese turd!

He said after the whistle.. i did actually see some after the whistle stuff from a few players on Atlanta side going on.. but this is big boy football, why was it necessary to whine about?

To the whistle or a little past the whistle, I'm not going to nit pick.

I'm not sure exactly what he expects. Are teams just suppose to stop trying and fall down prostate to worship at Green Bay's altar ? They can go **** themselves.

Being a Packer fan...

I don't understand the comments about them being on a pedestal, they are a humble team that pretty much keeps their mouth shut.

Being a Packers fan you see what you want to see .... the rest of the league is beginning to despise your team, and it's not because "they are just to good".

Their attitude makes people want to see them hurt

Being a Packers fan you see what you want to see .... the rest of the league is beginning to despise your team, and it's not because "they are just to good".

Their attitude makes people want to see them hurt

Maybe I only see what I want to see... and I saw them beat the Falcons last night.

I'll give you the fact that when a fan sees another team being successful... you want to see that team knocked down a notch. And I recognize that the Packers are one of those teams right now for some (if not many) fans. Last year it I felt that way about the 13-3 Falcons. It is what it is.

The Packers will lose this year, I don't for a second think that they won't. If you don't like their attitude, that is your prerogative - I feel the same way about other teams as well.

Good luck to the Falcons next week - I hope they punish the Panthers and get some swagger back!

KarateKen likes this

They are not the first team to say that about this team. I don't like the reputation that is building.

exactly, there were plenty of complaints when dahl was here about stuff going on thru and after the whistle. are they being coached this, probably not, but you do have to be smart and stop at the whistle.

exactly, there were plenty of complaints when dahl was here about stuff going on thru and after the whistle. are they being coached this, probably not, but you do have to be smart and stop at the whistle.

I doubt is being coach, but I have no respect for players that intentionally try to hurt other players as a way to win a game. This is the NFL, man up and play your opponent straight.

I guess they have to have some whine with their cheese.

I've never seen a bigger bunch of crybabies in my life who claim to be "champions". They were constantly petitioning the refs for supposedly being wronged.

But it goes both ways. There were at least half a dozen "uncalls" on the Packers last night when they got down 14-0. Meanwhile, we were getting flagged for breathing. Matt Ryan got pummeled after releasing the ball MULTIPLE times. Go look at the replay on Sidbury's sack. He was pulled down by the neck, then got up and made the sack anyway.

It was almost like the word came down from the league, "uh-oh, we can't let this prime time game be a blowout. Let's even it up." The Packers got EVERY call until they took the lead. Then low and behold like magic, all of a sudden the flags started going the other way.

CRY ME A RIVER CHEESEHEADS.

only ones that are crying are the loser fans that left early as they saw their team kiss a 14 point lead goodbye.... then complain about the refs. smh

I'm sure Randall Cobb was cool after getting hit on his fair catch and seeing US get penalized ... rolleyes.gif

only ones that are crying are the loser fans that left early as they saw their team kiss a 14 point lead goodbye.... then complain about the refs. smh

I'm sure Randall Cobb was cool after getting hit on his fair catch and seeing US get penalized ... rolleyes.gif

Um...then you didnt read the OP's first post did you? The Packers(insert joke here) were/are the ones complaining.

They dont teach reading comp up in the Great Lake region? Come on playa!