2011 Depth Chart

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 DirtyBirdDynasty

DirtyBirdDynasty

Roster Player

• Banned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:53 AM

This is how our depth chart looks at the moment
QB Ryan, Redman
RB Turner, Snelling
FB Mughelli
TE Gonzalez, Peele, Palmer
WR White, Jenkins, Douglas, Meier, Weems
LT Baker, Svitek
LG Blalock
C McClure, Hawley
RG Dahl, Johnson
RT Clabo, Reynolds

Snelling has played 4 seasons and will likely be a FA. He has been a good player but is similiar to Turner, we need a player at HB with speed and receiving ability. Norwood has those skills but lacks durability. Hes played 5 seasons.
Gonzalez will retire soon, Peele isnt a receiving threat, and Palmer is a UDFA. We need a talented young TE but HB, WR and OT are greater needs on offense.
Jenkins isnt a threat at #2 and Douglas hasnt been an impact player in the slot. If Weems can translate his abilities in the return game to the receiving game he could make an impact. We need a speed receiver here to open things up for others. Ideally with the size to take the #2 spot and run after the catch ability.
On the OL we have 3 FAs and depth at OT is thin. Baker has had injuries and Svitek and Reynolds are late round picks. Clabo Dahl and Blalock are up for FA, Blalock is most likely to be retained, Johnson could step in as a starter, Hawley is slated to replac McClure

DE Abraham, Biermann, Davis, Sidbury, Anderson
DT Babineaux, Peters, Jerry, Walker, Lewis
LB Lofton, Spoon, Nicholas, Adkins
CB Grimes, Robinson, Owens, Franks
S Moore, Decoud, Shillinger

DE is our biggest need on D, we need 1-2 impact pass rushers. Anderson is gone, Davis likely too. Sidbury may get a chance.
At LB Nicholas and Peterson are up for FA if Nicholas walks Adkins would be next inline but doesnt have much experience on his resume. Even if Nicholas stays adding an OLB for depth and special teams would be a good idea
At CB adding a player to compte with Owens and Franks for the nickel would be agood idea, you need 3 quality CBs plus depth
In the later rounds we could look to add a safety for depth and special teams

#2 Ga_spider

Ga_spider

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:40 AM

I'm confused. That's the same roster as 2010. And it's only a roster of 43?

#3 DirtyBirdDynasty

DirtyBirdDynasty

Roster Player

• Banned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:20 AM

Thats how the depth chart looks heading into the draft including some potential FAs. In the text section I list the positions we will look to target in the draft

#4 Ga_spider

Ga_spider

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:38 AM

View PostDirtyBirdDynasty, on 11 April 2011 - 05:20 AM, said:

Thats how the depth chart looks heading into the draft including some potential FAs. In the text section I list the positions we will look to target in the draft
Gotcha. I did just skim over it. Sorry. I do ageee with a lot of the same points. I think this would the year we let Redmen go and keep John Parker Wilson. To open up another position spot. And maybe pick up another QB and them on the practice squad.

I know the Falcons are scouting Jernigan. He's an explosive receiver in the slot but he's got quality talent playing behind the line. If Coach Smith believes Douglas is going to be back to 100% this season I see Jernigan take snaps as our third down back if drafted.

Edited by Ga_spider, 11 April 2011 - 05:52 AM.

#5 Birdfanatick

Birdfanatick

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

Are we sure anderson is gone? Why would he be? and who do we have thats a better dlineman against the run? I do hope we can renegotiate his contract. But this guy was REALLY young out of college and has a future in the NFL. I think some of our fans are crazy for not seeing any future contributions from this kid. All agreed that he wasnt a first round talent though.

#6 Ga_spider

Ga_spider

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:06 PM

View PostBirdfanatick, on 11 April 2011 - 11:41 AM, said:

Are we sure anderson is gone? Why would he be? and who do we have thats a better dlineman against the run? I do hope we can renegotiate his contract. But this guy was REALLY young out of college and has a future in the NFL. I think some of our fans are crazy for not seeing any future contributions from this kid. All agreed that he wasnt a first round talent though.
I agree he's not worth the contract giving him but he's worth having him on the team. I love the rotation of players that we do. Keep our guys fresh in the fourth and keeps the oposing team guessing.

Edited by Ga_spider, 11 April 2011 - 02:08 PM.