Ricardo Lockette Shoots For Sub-4.3 40-Time

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 head busta from augusta

head busta from augusta

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:38 AM

Ricardo Lockette Shoots For Sub-4.3 40-Time
Written by Bo Marchionte    Wednesday, 05 January 2011 16:12     PDF Print E-mail

With the NFL Scouting Combine only 50 days away, Fort Valley State wide out Ricardo Lockette is already working out in Phoenix, Arizona at Triple Threat Performance. Lockette says, “The whole goal is the get bigger, faster and stronger.”

The positive buzz surrounding Lockette is understandable; he’s big receiver (6’2” ¾ and 212 pounds) with a track background and blazing speed.

During the Russell Athletic HBCU All-Star game played on December 18th at the Georgia Dome, Lockette posted a 4.35 in the 40-yard dash. “Yeah, 4.35…you know, it was a bad day for me. With my track background I’ve run 4.27 and 4.28 on numerous occasions,” said Lockette of his result. “Right now I’m in Arizona training, so hopefully I’ll get that 4.35 back to where it needs to be.” With his 2009 200-Meter Championship in Division II, he has reason to expect an improvement. Imagine the other college players out there reading that Lockette is actually upset with his 4.35!

But don’t confuse the confidence as arrogance. The young man from Albany, Georgia says of his chance to play pro football, “It’s a humbling situation because you know this isn’t something that happens to everybody, every day. I’m just thankful right now.”

During his time around scouts at the Russell Athletic HBCU Bowl Lockette said he was compared to the Houston Texans’ Jacoby Jones and Atlanta Falcons’ Roddy White due to his size. Lockette has his own ideas, “The down-the-field type…a big-play, a Calvin Johnson-type guy who goes and jumps up for the ball,” was the guy Lockette compared himself to.

“I plan on having the fastest time in the 40 for the whole combine,” said Lockette. But don’t think it’s just speed he’s hoping to impress with. He also wants to have “the most bench presses by receivers.” Lockette laughed saying he didn’t think he could out-lift the offensive linemen or linebackers. Lockette has posted a high of 23 reps of 225 pounds, and his max bench press of 343 will have him in position to be one hot name as the NFL Draft nears.

When asked to describe himself Lockette said, “I’m just a small town guy. I’m very religious. I thank God for everything that happens to me.” This small town kid might be giving thanks again because he is definitely one to watch as we approach the 2011 NFL Draft.

http://life.atlantaf...o=new_post&f=56

Interesting.......