Jump to content





WTF!

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#1 DirtyBirdzBeastMode

DirtyBirdzBeastMode

    Roster Player

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

This is my first time in ATL ... as a city its such an amazing place,,, but i have one problem wit it ... today as I was touring the city and all I saw more saint fans than falcon fans ,,, and it wasn't even a close count ,,, I barely seen any falcon fans representing ... wuts up wit that???? Where are all the fans around here?  I hope this changes tomoro

#2 slamee101

slamee101

    AFMB Hall of Fame

  • Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,157 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

Seeing as it's OUR CITY...we probably weren't pressed to be out and about like some out of towners.  Especially the day after Christmas.

#3 FalconFanSince1970

FalconFanSince1970

    Pro Bowler

  • Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,814 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:19 PM

There are Aints in the city for the MNF game. They are tourists like you. You will likely run into them.

The Falcon fans are at home in their cubby holes watching football. They will be at the Dome tomorrow. Maybe late, but they will be there. Trust me.

#4 FalconPio

FalconPio

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:20 PM

Those bombs cant afford tickets so they support there aint team every chance they get. (OUTSIDE the dome)  :D

#5 FalconsCrystal

FalconsCrystal

    Practice Squad

  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:20 PM

Trust me. You'll be seeing a lot of red tomorrow  ^_^

#6 SWAMP_THING

SWAMP_THING

    On Probation

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:20 PM

Saints rep, you can be sure of that

#7 lee sunset

lee sunset

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

If you're wearing a jersey at any time other than to the game you need to go shopping...

#8 FalconPio

FalconPio

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:23 PM

View Postlee sunset, on 26 December 2010 - 11:21 PM, said:

If you're wearing a jersey at any time other than to the game you need to go shopping...

Thats the point!  :lol:

#9 DirtyBirdzBeastMode

DirtyBirdzBeastMode

    Roster Player

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:24 PM

does anyone know where I can buy those falcon flag that everyone was waving at the ravens game? Can I buy some in the Dome tomoro?

#10 lee sunset

lee sunset

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

View PostFalconPio, on 26 December 2010 - 11:23 PM, said:

Thats the point!  :lol:

It's probably a safe bet lots of people were wearing Saints jerseys at Lenox Mall today...

#11 vel

vel

    Pro Bowler

  • Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:26 PM

If you want to see Falcon Fans, be here:

12 noon Monday, December 27 in the atrium of Atlanta City Hall, 55 Trinity Avenue, S.W.

#12 Goal Line D

Goal Line D

    Veteran Falcon

  • Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

Meh.  Their tourists and are downtown where all the hotels are.  Nothing more than that.

Like others...I'm in the burbs with the rest of Falcon nation saving my vocal box for tomorrow.  

;)  :D

#13 DirtyBirdzBeastMode

DirtyBirdzBeastMode

    Roster Player

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

View Postvel, on 26 December 2010 - 11:26 PM, said:

If you want to see Falcon Fans, be here:

12 noon Monday, December 27 in the atrium of Atlanta City Hall, 55 Trinity Avenue, S.W.


Is there parking there?? or is it walking distance from days in (300 spring street)

#14 FalconFanForLife

FalconFanForLife

    Veteran Falcon

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

Actually there is a huge contingent of Saints fans who relocated here after Katrina, so what you saw was nothing new really.

Plus Atlanta is just not a professional sports city at all.  A very large percentage of people who live here are not native to the city.  They grew up somewhere else (like me), or have relocated here for business reasons.  When they relocate here, they bring their loyalty to their former team with them.

I remember when the Braves (the favorite professional sports team of Atlantans) were in a playoff game during the week back in their heyday when they were perenial champions, and the TV announcers were in shock that the stadium was not sold out.  I was not surprised at all.

In the 31 years I have lived here, it has been my experience that most native Georgians are MUCH more interested in college football than professional football.  Falcon Fans are a very small minority in this city.  Hey go to a sports wear store at the Mall of Georgia, or anywhere in the city, and see how many Falcon items are for sale if you have any doubts about the Falcons popularity in this city.

#15 lee sunset

lee sunset

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

View PostFalconFanForLife, on 26 December 2010 - 11:35 PM, said:

Actually there is a huge contingent of Saints fans who relocated here after Katrina, so what you saw was nothing new really.

Plus Atlanta is just not a professional sports city at all.  A very large percentage of people who live here are not native to the city.  They grew up somewhere else (like me), or have relocated here for business reasons.  When they relocate here, they bring their loyalty to their former team with them.

I remember when the Braves (the favorite professional sports team of Atlantans) were in a playoff game during the week back in their heyday when they were perenial champions, and the TV announcers were in shock that the stadium was not sold out.  I was not surprised at all.

In the 31 years I have lived here, it has been my experience that most native Georgians are MUCH more interested in college football than professional football.  Falcon Fans are a very small minority in this city.  Hey go to a sports wear store at the Mall of Georgia, or anywhere in the city, and see how many Falcon items are for sale if you have any doubts about the Falcons popularity in this city.

No kidding.  They closed the Falcons gear stores at Perimeter and Lenox.  Selection wasn't that great either.  ****'s Sporting Goods on Peachtree had a better selection of Falcons apparel this year.  Last year was pathetic.

#16 Tandy

Tandy

    Thanks Karst41 for my tag - I love it!

  • Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,318 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

View PostFalcaholic4life, on 26 December 2010 - 11:24 PM, said:

does anyone know where I can buy those falcon flag that everyone was waving at the ravens game? Can I buy some in the Dome tomoro?

They gave them away.  I have them from last year and twice from this year.  They'll probably give them out again.

#17 =abrahamburger=

=abrahamburger=

    Pro Bowler

  • Banned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

I saw a TON of Saints fans in Castleberry Hill this afternoon.  Had to be at least 40 or 50 of them.

I yelled "WHO DAT" out of my car, but none responded.

Then I realized they were just people waiting for the shelter to open.

#18 FalconFanSince1970

FalconFanSince1970

    Pro Bowler

  • Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,814 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:50 PM

View PostTandy, on 26 December 2010 - 11:41 PM, said:

They gave them away.  I have them from last year and twice from this year.  They'll probably give them out again.
Best give out ever. They aren't wimpy kindergarten flags. They are big red wave em on home flags. The BAL game was a thing of beauty. Never seen that before. I think they need to give em out tomorrow.

#19 DirtyBirdzBeastMode

DirtyBirdzBeastMode

    Roster Player

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

View PostFalconFanForLife, on 26 December 2010 - 11:35 PM, said:

Actually there is a huge contingent of Saints fans who relocated here after Katrina, so what you saw was nothing new really.

Plus Atlanta is just not a professional sports city at all.  A very large percentage of people who live here are not native to the city.  They grew up somewhere else (like me), or have relocated here for business reasons.  When they relocate here, they bring their loyalty to their former team with them.

I remember when the Braves (the favorite professional sports team of Atlantans) were in a playoff game during the week back in their heyday when they were perenial champions, and the TV announcers were in shock that the stadium was not sold out.  I was not surprised at all.

In the 31 years I have lived here, it has been my experience that most native Georgians are MUCH more interested in college football than professional football.  Falcon Fans are a very small minority in this city.  Hey go to a sports wear store at the Mall of Georgia, or anywhere in the city, and see how many Falcon items are for sale if you have any doubts about the Falcons popularity in this city.


I actually noticed that too ... I saw so many Georgia Tech stuff today while I was shopping and I could barely find a decent ATL cap that I could buy ... Wont lie I am kinda disappointed to see that but w.e ,,, hoping I can get into some pharmacy school here in ATL so that I can represent for the falconz all the time :D

So the braves are the favorit time of Atlanta huh ,,, thats weak ,,, I know nothing about baseball but are they doing better than the falconz are?

#20 FalconFanSince1970

FalconFanSince1970

    Pro Bowler

  • Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,814 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

View PostFalcaholic4life, on 26 December 2010 - 11:34 PM, said:

Is there parking there?? or is it walking distance from days in (300 spring street)
Probably a long cold two mile walk but I think you said you were from Canada so it would be a walk in the park for you. Cheap cab ride or a two minute bus ride.