Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBirdzBeastMode

WTF!

50 posts in this topic

This is my first time in ATL ... as a city its such an amazing place,,, but i have one problem wit it ... today as I was touring the city and all I saw more saint fans than falcon fans ,,, and it wasn't even a close count ,,, I barely seen any falcon fans representing ... wuts up wit that???? Where are all the fans around here? I hope this changes tomoro

Tandy likes this

Those bombs cant afford tickets so they support there aint team every chance they get. (OUTSIDE the dome) :D

If you're wearing a jersey at any time other than to the game you need to go shopping...

Thats the point! :lol:

does anyone know where I can buy those falcon flag that everyone was waving at the ravens game? Can I buy some in the Dome tomoro?

Thats the point! :lol:

It's probably a safe bet lots of people were wearing Saints jerseys at Lenox Mall today...

If you want to see Falcon Fans, be here:

12 noon Monday, December 27 in the atrium of Atlanta City Hall, 55 Trinity Avenue, S.W.

Meh. Their tourists and are downtown where all the hotels are. Nothing more than that.

Like others...I'm in the burbs with the rest of Falcon nation saving my vocal box for tomorrow.

;):D

If you want to see Falcon Fans, be here:

12 noon Monday, December 27 in the atrium of Atlanta City Hall, 55 Trinity Avenue, S.W.

Is there parking there?? or is it walking distance from days in (300 spring street)

Actually there is a huge contingent of Saints fans who relocated here after Katrina, so what you saw was nothing new really.

Plus Atlanta is just not a professional sports city at all. A very large percentage of people who live here are not native to the city. They grew up somewhere else (like me), or have relocated here for business reasons. When they relocate here, they bring their loyalty to their former team with them.

I remember when the Braves (the favorite professional sports team of Atlantans) were in a playoff game during the week back in their heyday when they were perenial champions, and the TV announcers were in shock that the stadium was not sold out. I was not surprised at all.

In the 31 years I have lived here, it has been my experience that most native Georgians are MUCH more interested in college football than professional football. Falcon Fans are a very small minority in this city. Hey go to a sports wear store at the Mall of Georgia, or anywhere in the city, and see how many Falcon items are for sale if you have any doubts about the Falcons popularity in this city.

Actually there is a huge contingent of Saints fans who relocated here after Katrina, so what you saw was nothing new really.

Plus Atlanta is just not a professional sports city at all. A very large percentage of people who live here are not native to the city. They grew up somewhere else (like me), or have relocated here for business reasons. When they relocate here, they bring their loyalty to their former team with them.

I remember when the Braves (the favorite professional sports team of Atlantans) were in a playoff game during the week back in their heyday when they were perenial champions, and the TV announcers were in shock that the stadium was not sold out. I was not surprised at all.

In the 31 years I have lived here, it has been my experience that most native Georgians are MUCH more interested in college football than professional football. Falcon Fans are a very small minority in this city. Hey go to a sports wear store at the Mall of Georgia, or anywhere in the city, and see how many Falcon items are for sale if you have any doubts about the Falcons popularity in this city.

No kidding. They closed the Falcons gear stores at Perimeter and Lenox. Selection wasn't that great either. ****'s Sporting Goods on Peachtree had a better selection of Falcons apparel this year. Last year was pathetic.

does anyone know where I can buy those falcon flag that everyone was waving at the ravens game? Can I buy some in the Dome tomoro?

They gave them away. I have them from last year and twice from this year. They'll probably give them out again.

They gave them away. I have them from last year and twice from this year. They'll probably give them out again.

Best give out ever. They aren't wimpy kindergarten flags. They are big red wave em on home flags. The BAL game was a thing of beauty. Never seen that before. I think they need to give em out tomorrow.

I actually noticed that too ... I saw so many Georgia Tech stuff today while I was shopping and I could barely find a decent ATL cap that I could buy ... Wont lie I am kinda disappointed to see that but w.e ,,, hoping I can get into some pharmacy school here in ATL so that I can represent for the falconz all the time :D

So the braves are the favorit time of Atlanta huh ,,, thats weak ,,, I know nothing about baseball but are they doing better than the falconz are?

Is there parking there?? or is it walking distance from days in (300 spring street)

Probably a long cold two mile walk but I think you said you were from Canada so it would be a walk in the park for you. Cheap cab ride or a two minute bus ride.

I saw a TON of Saints fans in Castleberry Hill this afternoon. Had to be at least 40 or 50 of them.

I yelled "WHO DAT" out of my car, but none responded.

Then I realized they were just people waiting for the shelter to open.

HAHAHAHAHAHA woooow

I actually noticed that too ... I saw so many Georgia Tech stuff today while I was shopping and I could barely find a decent ATL cap that I could buy ... Wont lie I am kinda disappointed to see that but w.e ,,, hoping I can get into some pharmacy school here in ATL so that I can represent for the falconz all the time :D

So the braves are the favorit time of Atlanta huh ,,, thats weak ,,, I know nothing about baseball but are they doing better than the falconz are?

Braves were in the play-offs this season, but got eliminated by the Giants.

I have to agree with you about the Georgia Tech stuff. They are everywhere! I don't even like college football.

Well a little more history. Ted Turner bought a TV station here in Atlanta way back in the 70s, and then got in on the ground floor of cable TV when it first came out. He syndicated the station so it was shown on just about every cable station across the US. He showed ALL the Braves games on that station, and even coined the term, "Americas Team" for the Braves. Now that is when they were actually a very bad team, but everyone in America saw them play. Of course they had great success in the 90s and into this century, so people in Atlanta got behind them. BTW that station is still on the air, it is TBS - Turner Broadcasting System? Someone correct me if I have that name incorrect.

No the Braves are not doing all that well these days, but have many loyal fans now like every team that has success over time.

BUT the Falcons are on the verge of finally getting the attention of this city, and generating legions of loyal fans IMHO. In the past, every time we had any success in a season (lord knows they were VERY rare), we would follow that up with dismal failure in the following year, and in many years after that.

Now we have 3 winning seasons in a row, and this team should become a perenial winner in the NFL in the future. Just win the Superbowl (man I can't believe that is actually a possiblity now) and the city will finally get behind this team.

Unfortunately, IMHO the Falcons will never displace the college football teams though. I know college football is big across the country, but I think it is a bigger draw here in the southeast than anywhere else in the country. I just hope to finally get some of those college fans a little interested in our team finally.

rounz likes this