Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL TRAINING CAMP OBSERVATION THREAD

66 posts in this topic

We're going to create "Official" fan report/observation threads this year, to make it easier for everyone to find your detailed updates. We'll be organizing these by practice. Anyone at the first practice Friday morning at 8:30 am, have at it...

I'm not at TC today, but I can tell all you folks that don't live near Flowery Branch/Atlanta that it's almost 100 degrees today with high humidity and it's gonna stay much the same for at least the next 7-10 days. Can't be any fun!

Love this quote from Spoon:

"I definitely saw the business aspect over the past couple of days and I understand that a little bit more. You have to go out there and earn it."

B)

It was a fast paced practice for the most part JPW was dead on Ryan had a couple of picks, The D was really aggressive battling the receivers for the ball, good athletic catches on both sides. Roddy and Jenks both stayed on the field late throwing balls to the rooks. Finn also made some very nice grabs and good lord Norwood was quick ! will post pics after the evening session.

Where's the video I would love to see some of this 7 on 7 action

Dude, this is a family site. No way can any post......Oh, you meant 7 on 7 practices.....I was thinking of.....Well, let the music clue you:

Boow chicka chicka bowww booww chicka boww....

Dude, this is a family site. No way can any post......Oh, you meant 7 on 7 practices.....I was thinking of.....Well, let the music clue you:

Boow chicka chicka bowww booww chicka boww....

lol you know I was talking about the practice but I did see this video one time and it involved a tinted bus in broad daylight....anyway uh oh yeah is it true no video at camp!?!?!?

It was a fast paced practice for the most part JPW was dead on Ryan had a couple of picks, The D was really aggressive battling the receivers for the ball, good athletic catches on both sides. Roddy and Jenks both stayed on the field late throwing balls to the rooks. Finn also made some very nice grabs and good lord Norwood was quick ! will post pics after the evening session.

Greg, any idea on what group signed autographs this morning? I was trying to get a gauge for tomorrow afternoon, I have the STH Early Bird Tour to go to. :)

Greg, any idea on what group signed autographs this morning? I was trying to get a gauge for tomorrow afternoon, I have the STH Early Bird Tour to go to. smile.gif

Defense, Abe, Biermann and those guys you umm aren't allowed a partner for the tour are ya ? if you don't already have someone that is ?

Defense, Abe, Biermann and those guys you umm aren't allowed a partner for the tour are ya ? if you don't already have someone that is ?

Thanks! My wife is actually going with me. I was just curious to see who signed, I got a lot of the D at Mini-Camp.

Is it like mini camp, where defence in the morning and offense in the afternoon?

Is it like mini camp, where defence in the morning and offense in the afternoon?

At previous Training Camps I've seen them do DB's and QB's and then OL and DL, etc. I like that they mix up the groups. Nobody does the Training Camp experience as well as the Falcons.

I haven't read everything yet but was at the AM practice today and there is definitely a difference in our secondary with Dunta back there. He swatted down 3 passes today causing two to be picked off. This cat is everything D-Hall was supposed to be for us. He is quick, has instincts/closing speed, and has a desire to be great. Kid knocked down one of Ryan's passes and gave him a look afterward like, "don't come this way". lol. Loved it.

Turner looks good and fit as well. Very light on his feet this morning. Norwood looked fast as usual. And that Fla State kid we picked up late last year, Antoine Smith (I think his name is) looked very quick as well. All 3 Qb's looked pretty good for their first practice. Wilson surprised me with a few very accurate "thread the needle" type passes out there. All in all, pretty decent practice considering they are not wearing pads yet. Had a great time.

I haven't read everything yet but was at the AM practice today and there is definitely a difference in our secondary with Dunta back there. He swatted down 3 passes today causing two to be picked off. This cat is everything D-Hall was supposed to be for us. He is quick, has instincts/closing speed, and has a desire to be great. Kid knocked down one of Ryan's passes and gave him a look afterward like, "don't come this way". lol. Loved it.

Turner looks good and fit as well. Very light on his feet this morning. Norwood looked fast as usual. And that Fla State kid we picked up late last year, Antoine Smith (I think his name is) looked very quick as well. All 3 Qb's looked pretty good for their first practice. Wilson surprised me with a few very accurate "thread the needle" type passes out there. All in all, pretty decent practice considering they are not wearing pads yet. Had a great time.

I think Dunta helps not only the D come game day but also Ryan in his development. Playing against a player of his caliber every day is only going to help Ryan. I like Smith from FSU, he looks really quick, I just wonder if he can catch/return kicks.

Soren likes this

I think Dunta helps not only the D come game day but also Ryan in his development. Playing against a player of his caliber every day is only going to help Ryan. I like Smith from FSU, he looks really quick, I just wonder if he can catch/return kicks.

Agreed on Dunta helping Ryan. Ryan's pass was accurate that he knocked down but he kicked in some last second jets and closed fast. He will definitely help Ryan. As for Smith, I think he just provides a little insurance for Norwood. To me, they are similar type backs. Snelling is more like Turner so it just gives us very good depth so we can keep a good change of pace. I think between him and Franks on returning kicks. That should be a good battle as well.

Did you see anything from William Moore, if I may ask?

Agreed on Dunta helping Ryan. Ryan's pass was accurate that he knocked down but he kicked in some last second jets and closed fast. He will definitely help Ryan. As for Smith, I think he just provides a little insurance for Norwood. To me, they are similar type backs. Snelling is more like Turner so it just gives us very good depth so we can keep a good change of pace. I think between him and Franks on returning kicks. That should be a good battle as well.

I like Smith's size over Franks but we'll see, I'd rather have him out there over HD/Norwood. As long as everyone on D stays healthy I think they're going to help the younger guys on O develop these next 6 weeks.

Did you see anything from William Moore, if I may ask?

Not much. He did have a pass defensed but that was about it. It's hard to see what some of these guys can do without pads so I am sure he will be good against the run later on. Against the pass he seemed to be moving around very well as was Coleman. Coleman actually had a int off a Dunta pass knock down today. Should be a good battle.

I like Smith's size over Franks but we'll see, I'd rather have him out there over HD/Norwood. As long as everyone on D stays healthy I think they're going to help the younger guys on O develop these next 6 weeks.

I agree. I'd like to keep HD and Norwood on offense only for health reasons. That being said, HD sure was good in the return game 2 seasons ago. That is hard to take off the field unless one of these other guys can be very good as well.

We're going to create "Official" fan report/observation threads this year, to make it easier for everyone to find your detailed updates. We'll be organizing these by practice. Anyone at the first practice Friday morning at 8:30 am, have at it...--Moderator

Nice idea. Repositories would be awesome.

Anyway is the Moderator still Dan?

If so, we have several great Mods here like Rev, Shiney, Banker and the gang but you are the man bro. Trust me. After 10 years on the board, thanks for all the good work!

It just gets better and better.