place kicker

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 jes2400

jes2400

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

I never got to ask this earlier. With all this talk about DE and CB needs, are you guys satisfied with Matt Bryant as our FG kicker or should we look ay other options? Neil Rackers and Shane Graham are FA's, other than that, I don't know who else is out there. Bryant filled in nicely after we let Elam go. Probably keep him and sign a young kicker to the practice squad and develope him. Anyway, I was just wondering what you all thought.    Posted Image We could always give our old friend  Mortan Anderson a call.

#2 Shuswap

Shuswap

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:56 PM

no on graham he blew it for the bengals

#3 jes2400

jes2400

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

View Postcanadianatlfalcon, on 04 March 2010 - 12:56 PM, said:

no on graham he blew it for the bengals

Yeah, I guess we should stick with Bryant for  now. I remember when we first got him, during a game, the play by play guy said Matt Bryant is coming in to kick a FG and at first I thought he said Matt Ryan, and I was like Posted Image huh? Ryan's kicking FG's?! Then I relized he said Bryant & not Ryan. Posted Image I laughed at myself. That's why it's important to pay close attention during Falcon games!

#4 zigg zagg

zigg zagg

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

graham has been one of the best kickers in the league. its a no brainer to pick this guy up. all great kickers have missed some bad ones. graham is a former pro bowler and has been a beast almost his entire career.

In his first year with Cincinnati in 2003, Graham set a franchise record by making 88% (22 of 25) of his field goals. In the following season, Graham narrowly missed equalling his previous mark, finishing the year 27 of 31 (87.1%). In 2005, Graham made 28 of 32 field goals (87.5%), scored a franchise record 131 points, was selected to be the kicker for the AFC Pro Bowl squad, and helped the Bengals record their first winning season since 1990. Graham was the first kicker in franchise history ever to be selected to play in a pro bowl.
In 2007, Graham missed his first field goal attempt of the season (a 53-yard attempt). But after that, he set set a Bengals record by kicking 21 consecutive field goals without a miss over the season's first 10 games. This included a game against the Baltimore Ravens where he set a franchise record by kicking 7 field goals (the second highest total in NFL history). His streak came to an end when he unexpectedly missed a 26-yard attempt in game 11. By the end of the season, Graham set new franchise records for field goals in a season (31) and field goal percentage (91.2)
On January 9, 2010, Graham missed two field goals during the Bengals' 24-14 wild card playoff loss to the New York Jets, including a 28-yard attempt that would have cut the score to 24-17 late in the fourth quarter.

#5 DaMeatTroughsEgo

DaMeatTroughsEgo

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

Graham can GTFO. I don't want that choke job

#6 jes2400

jes2400

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

View PostFire_Mularkey, on 04 March 2010 - 05:25 PM, said:

Graham can GTFO. I don't want that choke job
I completly agree. All those stats Zigg Zagg rattled off mean nothing if you can't kick 'em when it counts. Scott Norwood was a good kicker, but he missed that FG in the Superbowl and you never heard from him again. Gary Andersen was perfect all season, but the only thing anyone remembers was his miss against us in the NFC game. You gota be able to make the big ones.

#7 zigg zagg

zigg zagg

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

no good kicker has ever missed a big kick?

the bengals were never in that game. they never stood a chance. the bengals choked, and placing the blame on a kicker who missed 2 fgs that wouldnt even have tied the game is ridiculous. he has been money throughout his career and one bad game shouldnt deem him unusable. who in fa or the draft are you seeing as a better option? lets get real.

you dont go from being franchised one season to scrub the next. its not like cincy doesnt want him, im sure theyre trying to work out a deal with him RIGHT NOW. last year proved how vital a reliable kicker can be. jay feely should have taught you that.

#8 falconcrest58

falconcrest58

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

give him a chance...someone will. On the other hand M Byrant will prolly be ok

#9 zigg zagg

zigg zagg

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

if you compare matt bryant and shayne grahams careers graham is superior. he has been one of the best in the nfl. i dont see how you can say you dont want him. lol

so matt bryant is better than nate kaeding and neil rackers too right?