what does questionable mean on the injury report anyways

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 ICEICEMATTY

ICEICEMATTY

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:59 PM

well ive seen a chart before that shoes like questionable 25 percent to play or something like that can someone find this cuz i cant find it online.

#2 ICEICEMATTY

ICEICEMATTY

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

View PostMattyicesonice, on 25 September 2009 - 08:59 PM, said:

well ive seen a chart before that shoes like questionable 25 percent to play or something like that can someone find this cuz i cant find it online.
bump

#3 Peyton

Peyton

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,773 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

Questionable is supposed to mean 50/50 chance of playing.  Probable is 75%, and doubtful is 25%.

#4 JayOzOne

JayOzOne

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

HOW TO READ THE NFL INJURY REPORT?

“Doubtful, Questionable, Probable… Hypothetical… Theoretical”

It was a lazy Sunday morning, I was lying around the house, procrastinating about painting the deck and my eleven-year-old son walks into the study with the sports section.

“Hey Ian, what’s up, I asked?”

“I’m learning about the Lions, dad.”

“That’s great son, but don’t study too hard---There isn’t much to know, other than they’re a really bad team.”

“Well, I studied the terminology… what a free safety does, what’s the red zone and I know the difference between the weak side and the strong side!”

“That’s great! You’ll be all set when we go to the Lions game on Thanksgiving Day.”

“Dad, I was reading the injury report, but I don’t understand it, can you explain it to me?

“What don’t you understand, Ian?”

“What does: out, doubtful, questionable and probable mean?”

“Out means, the player is out for the game and will not play. Probable means, the player is most likely to play.”

“Dad, what about doubtful and questionable, what do they mean?”

“Doubtful? Questionable? It’s like theoretical and hypothetical.”

“Theoretical…? Hypo what…? What do they mean?”

“Doubtful is akin to hypothetical and questionable is similar to theoretical.”  

“Dad, I’m still confused! What’s the difference between hypothetical and theoretical?”

“Hmm, that’s a tough question. How do I put it?  Ian, I need some time to think about it… Why don’t you go and ask your sister if she would sleep with the next door neighbor for $50,000.”

“Yeah dad, she said she would do it, but what’s the difference between hypothetical and theoretical?”

“Uh, uh... I stammered. Why don’t you ask your mother if she sleep with the next door neighbor for $50,000?” That will buy me some time, I thought.

“Yeah dad, mom said she would sleep with the next door neighbor for $50,000, but I still don’t understand, what’s the difference between doubtful / hypothetical and questionable / theoretical?”

“Ian, hypothetically we have $100,000. Theoretically we have two hookers living in the house!”