Health Care Reform Implants Chips in Newborns

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#21 Joremarid

Joremarid

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,814 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

one really cool thing about the internet is that you can actually go look at the bills online. if you do that, and refer to the section referred to in the original post, you will see that this is not at all what was portrayed in the OP.

This section creates a National Medical Device Registry which collects data from companies that provided MEDICAL DEVICES that get implanted in patients so that data on the safety of the devices can be collected and easily available to the public. For instance, if some company puts out an internal pacer that has certain complications associated with it, anyone and everyone can easily see if before they get that particular device implanted in them.

If you don't believe me then Google "Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 Online" and look for youself on pages 1001-1006

#22 xfistfulofhatex

xfistfulofhatex

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

one really cool thing about the internet is that you can actually go look at the bills online. if you do that, and refer to the section referred to in the original post, you sill see that this is not at all what was portrayed in the OP.

This section creates a National Medical Device Registry which collects data from companies that provided MEDICAL DEVICES that get implanted in patients so that data on the safety of the devices can be collected and easily available to the public. For instance, if some company puts out an internal pacer that has certain complications associated with it, anyone and everyone can easily see if before they get that particular device implanted in them.

If you don't believe me then Google "Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 Online" and look for youself on pages 1001-1006

Posted Image

#23 =abrahamburger=

=abrahamburger=

Pro Bowler

• Banned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

This will make 'em easier to scan and buy at Walmart.

#24 pencilpusher. just because

pencilpusher. just because

And the world loves Pencilpusher.

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,954 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

This would help immensely but won't happen because the Far Right will insist it is the Mark of the Beast.

Just think, you come in after being hit by Donte Stallworth and are out cold. Your wallet is gone lost at the scene. They scan your chip and see that your allegic to some antibiotics. YAY YOU'RE SAFE!

And thankfully, so is Donte. ^_^

#25 hammerhead

hammerhead

GO FALCONS

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

FDA Approves Human Chip Implants
Filed in archive Healthcare by Anita Campbell on October 19, 2004
VeriChip has been cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for implant in humans for medical purposes. The chip will help track medical conditions, prescriptions, treatment history, health insurance and like information.

Applied Digital Solutions and its sister company, Digital Angel, have been selling implantable chips for animals for 15 years. And for the past 3 years they have been selling the chips internationally for security applications.

So the usage is not new, just the FDA approval part.

The company press release is here. But for much more information listen to the company conference call (October 13) replay on the company's website. It outlines the market rollout strategy for VeriChip's human medical usage.

#26 xfistfulofhatex

xfistfulofhatex

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

FDA Approves Human Chip Implants
Filed in archive Healthcare by Anita Campbell on October 19, 2004
VeriChip has been cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for implant in humans for medical purposes. The chip will help track medical conditions, prescriptions, treatment history, health insurance and like information.

Applied Digital Solutions and its sister company, Digital Angel, have been selling implantable chips for animals for 15 years. And for the past 3 years they have been selling the chips internationally for security applications.

So the usage is not new, just the FDA approval part.

The company press release is here. But for much more information listen to the company conference call (October 13) replay on the company's website. It outlines the market rollout strategy for VeriChip's human medical usage.

whats your point?

#27 the evil emperor

the evil emperor

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

whats your point?

Posted Image

#28 hammerhead

hammerhead

GO FALCONS

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:13 PM

whats your point?

i thought you would be interested in one for your girl so you could keep track of her when she's out with the guy's.

#29 xfistfulofhatex

xfistfulofhatex

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

i thought you would be interested in one for your girl so you could keep track of her when she's out with the guy's.

Posted Image

#30 Swami57

Swami57

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

That sounds very scary.

B I N G O ! ! ! Give this lady a prize. That is exactly what it is intended to do. Scare the bejeezus out of you so you'll run foaming at the mouth and pull your hair out at the nearest townhall. Republican debate at it's finest!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#31 Swami57

Swami57

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

Works great. That's how I keep up with yo momma. She's a little slow with my money sometimes.

#32 WHODAT BEAST IN THE CELLAR

WHODAT BEAST IN THE CELLAR

On Probation

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

I propose a split. Those with chips (libs and sheep) live one place, those without chips(normal people) live in another.

This is getting crazy. :rolleyes:

#33 VincentVanBro

VincentVanBro

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:52 PM

This is what happens when a bunch of armchair quarterbacks decide that they want to do what their congressman wont and actually read the bill... until they quickly find out that they don't have anywhere near the legal or contextual context to understand what it's saying.

#34 WoTFan

WoTFan

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:54 PM

What benefits? Most medical records are already being digitized and centrally stored- we're already moving toward that. For the (unlikely) situations where a person can't identify themselves and aren't carrying ID or a phone or anything else- why not use a fingerprint? what benefits does surgically implanting something into babies offer over a simple finger-print scanner or other non-invasive options?

Benefits

John Doe comes in. You have his records right on your chip. Finger prints don't give you info fast enough if you need the information THEN and not everyone is in a system.

You go to a new doctor. Need your records. Instead of doing all the paperwork you just get scanned. Instantly they have your information.

Also, as chips get more advanced and smaller more and more stuff can be put on there.

So whats the disadvantage other than the "Oh no, the government is going to steal my records!11!"?

#35 RockPaperScissors

RockPaperScissors

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

Benefits

John Doe comes in. You have his records right on your chip. Finger prints don't give you info fast enough if you need the information THEN and not everyone is in a system.

You go to a new doctor. Need your records. Instead of doing all the paperwork you just get scanned. Instantly they have your information.

Also, as chips get more advanced and smaller more and more stuff can be put on there.

So whats the disadvantage other than the "Oh no, the government is going to steal my records!11!"?

Sounds like it'd be pretty easy to steal someone's medical info. Instead of going through the hassle and risk of forging and submitting fraudulent HIPAA forms, all you'd have to do is walk past them on the street with an RFID scanner under your jacket. And then how long until they include insurance, credit, and banking information in there?

Just not interested in having radio-emitting machines implanted in my body. No thanks. I'll take my "risks".

#36 WoTFan

WoTFan

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

Its according to how you make it transmit. I'm sure you can make it deactive while not needed. Its not like we know how it would work.

#37 Joremarid

Joremarid

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,814 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

one really cool thing about the internet is that you can actually go look at the bills online. if you do that, and refer to the section referred to in the original post, you will see that this is not at all what was portrayed in the OP.