Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hammerhead

Health Care Reform Implants Chips in Newborns

37 posts in this topic

America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 may be exactly what Americans need to

combat the unfair prices of drugs and high prices of private insurance, but a majority of

Americans may not be aware of a tiny detail included in the bill.

The Obama Health care bill under Class II (Paragraph 1, Section B) specifically includes

‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable." Then on page 1004 it describes what the

term "data" means in paragraph 1, section B:

14 ‘‘(B) In this paragraph, the term ‘data’ refers to in15

formation respecting a device described in paragraph (1),

16 including claims data, patient survey data, standardized

17 analytic files that allow for the pooling and analysis of

18 data from disparate data environments, electronic health

19 records, and any other data deemed appropriate by the

20 Secretary"

What exactly is a class II device that is implantable? Lets take a look...

Approved by the FDA, a class II implantable device is a "implantable radiofrequency

transponder system for patient identification and health information." The purpose of a

class II device is to collect data in medical patients such as "claims data, patient

survey data, standardized analytic files that allow for the pooling and analysis of data

from disparate data environments, electronic health records, and any other data deemed

appropriate by the Secretary."

This sort of device would be implanted in the majority of people who opt to become covered

by the public health care option. With the reform of the private insurance companies, who

charge outrageous rates, many people will switch their coverage to a more affrodable

insurance plan. This means the number of people who choose the public option will

increase. This also means the number of people chipped will be plentiful as well.

The adults who choose to have a chip implanted are the lucky ones in this case. Children

who are "born in the United States who at the time of birth is not otherwise covered under

acceptable coverage" will be qualified and placed into the CHIP or Children's Health

Insurance Program (what a convenient name). With a name like CHIP it would seem consistent

to have the chip implanted into a child.

Children conceived by parents who are already covered under the public option will more

than likely be implanted with a chip by the consent of the parent. Eventually everyone

will be implanted with a chip. And with the price and coverage of the public option being

so competitive with the private companies, the private company may not survive.

Will everyone be covered by the public option eventually?

Visit My Website

Someones been playing with our old friend Saun Hannity...from the forum section of his website.

Old August 11th, 2009, 7:38 pm

Man On The Street

8/11/20009, NC, Raleigh

America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 may be exactly what Americans need to combat the unfair prices of drugs and high prices of private insurance, but a majority of Americans may not be aware of a tiny detail included in the bill.

The Obama Health care bill under Class II (Paragraph 1, Section B) specifically includes ‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable" for storing personal data. Then on page 1004 it describes what the term "data" means in paragraph 1, section B:

‘‘(B) In this paragraph, the term ‘data’ refers to information respecting a device described in paragraph (1), including claims data, patient survey data, standardized analytic files that allow for the pooling and analysis of data from disparate data environments, electronic health records, and any other data deemed appropriate by the Secretary"

Approved by the FDA, a class II implantable device is a "implantable radiofrequency transponder system for patient identification and health information." The purpose of a class II device is to collect data in medical patients such as "claims data, patient survey data, standardized analytic files that allow for the pooling and analysis of data from disparate data environments, electronic health records, and any other data deemed appropriate by the Secretary."

When one becomes implanted, he or she has a small chip about the size of a grain of rice implanted into the arm permanantly and is registered into the National Medical Device Registry. You are no longer John Smoth or John Doe, but intsted #4487653 and #9788234.

This sort of device would be implanted in the majority of people who opt to become covered by the public health care option. With the reform of the private insurance companies, who charge outrageous rates, many people will switch their coverage to a more affrodable insurance plan. This means the number of people who choose the public option will increase. This also means the number of people chipped will be plentiful as well.

The adults who choose to have a chip implanted are the lucky ones in this case. Children who are "born in the United States who at the time of birth is not otherwise covered under acceptable coverage" will be qualified and placed into the CHIP or Children's Health Insurance Program (what a convenient name). With a name like CHIP it would seem consistent to have the chip implanted into a child.

Children conceived by parents who are already covered under the public option will more than likely be implanted with a chip by the consent of the parent. Eventually everyone will be implanted with a chip. And with the price and coverage of the public option being so competitive with the private companies, the private company may not survive.

This is what no one on Fox news or Cnn or Nbc will tell you about.

What if you had a chip in you from birth?

Soucres:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3200/text

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/MedicalDevice...s/ucm072191.pdf

i suppose it was inevitable. the whole "death panel" lie got shot down hard, so now the rightwing smear machine is moving on to it's next lie designed to scare people away from health care reform.

This would help immensely but won't happen because the Far Right will insist it is the Mark of the Beast.

Just think, you come in after being hit by Donte Stallworth and are out cold. Your wallet is gone lost at the scene. They scan your chip and see that your allegic to some antibiotics. YAY YOU'RE SAFE!

This would help immensely but won't happen because the Far Right will insist it is the Mark of the Beast.

Just think, you come in after being hit by Donte Stallworth and are out cold. Your wallet is gone lost at the scene. They scan your chip and see that your allegic to some antibiotics. YAY YOU'RE SAFE!

i'm far from "far right" and i oppose this completely. no chips for me or my (future) kids, thanks.

And why exactly do you oppose it?

Its not like they can't already track you and hear everything you say.

America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 may be exactly what Americans need to

combat the unfair prices of drugs and high prices of private insurance, but a majority of

Americans may not be aware of a tiny detail included in the bill.

The Obama Health care bill under Class II (Paragraph 1, Section B) specifically includes

‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable." Then on page 1004 it describes what the

term "data" means in paragraph 1, section B:

14 ‘‘(B) In this paragraph, the term ‘data’ refers to in15

formation respecting a device described in paragraph (1),

16 including claims data, patient survey data, standardized

17 analytic files that allow for the pooling and analysis of

18 data from disparate data environments, electronic health

19 records, and any other data deemed appropriate by the

20 Secretary"

Approved by the FDA, a class II implantable device is a "implantable radiofrequency

transponder system for patient identification and health information." The purpose of a

class II device is to collect data in medical patients such as "claims data, patient

survey data, standardized analytic files that allow for the pooling and analysis of data

from disparate data environments, electronic health records, and any other data deemed

appropriate by the Secretary."

This sort of device would be implanted in the majority of people who opt to become covered

by the public health care option. With the reform of the private insurance companies, who

charge outrageous rates, many people will switch their coverage to a more affrodable

insurance plan. This means the number of people who choose the public option will

increase. This also means the number of people chipped will be plentiful as well.

The adults who choose to have a chip implanted are the lucky ones in this case. Children

who are "born in the United States who at the time of birth is not otherwise covered under

acceptable coverage" will be qualified and placed into the CHIP or Children's Health

Insurance Program (what a convenient name). With a name like CHIP it would seem consistent

to have the chip implanted into a child.

Children conceived by parents who are already covered under the public option will more

than likely be implanted with a chip by the consent of the parent. Eventually everyone

will be implanted with a chip. And with the price and coverage of the public option being

so competitive with the private companies, the private company may not survive.

Visit My Website

That sounds very scary.

Will someone please explain to me why this is scary?

ITS THE MARK OF THE BEAST

OBAMA IS THE ANTI-CHRIST

GAYS WILL MARRY!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT WILL WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds very scary.

Then they win.

Fear is their friend.

I would urge you to research this in greater detail yourself and not take the word of a person on the Saun Hannity blog as a credible source.

And why exactly do you oppose it?

Its not like they can't already track you and hear everything you say.

Well, for one thing, RFID technology is completely unstable, unreliable, and unsecure in my experience. I was embarrassed to find my suntrust check card denied after taking family to dinner. I had plenty of money in my account- Suntrust had to cancel something like 250,000 cards with the RFID chips after they were "compromised". Not only did they fail to notify me in advance, it took 3 weeks to get my new card (without an RFID chip).

Apparently you can buy RFID scanners online, and if you have the hacker know-how, steal people's card info and identities without ever pick-pocketing them. Just walk within a couple feet of their wallet or bag with a scanner. Lots of folks have already had their passport info stolen.

Also, I don't trust the government to use this technology exclusively for benevolent purposes. Neither should you, if you've read your history.

Then they win.

Fear is their friend.

I would urge you to research this in greater detail yourself and not take the word of a person on the Saun Hannity blog as a credible source.

In fact i wouldn't take anything fox news says seriously they have no policing of information that they say and can get away with what ever they want. I.E. Bill O'reilly saying GE was responsible for road side bombs

Well, for one thing, RFID technology is completely unstable, unreliable, and unsecure in my experience. I was embarrassed to find my suntrust check card denied after taking family to dinner. I had plenty of money in my account- Suntrust had to cancel something like 250,000 cards with the RFID chips after they were "compromised". Not only did they fail to notify me in advance, it took 3 weeks to get my new card (without an RFID chip).

Apparently you can buy RFID scanners online, and if you have the hacker know-how, steal people's card info and identities without ever pick-pocketing them. Just walk within a couple feet of their wallet or bag with a scanner. Lots of folks have already had their passport info stolen.

Also, I don't trust the government to use this technology exclusively for benevolent purposes. Neither should you, if you've read your history.

would be scarier though it it was true. as far as i know one fox news blog is saying it is and thats not at all a credible source

I don't trust the government. However, I'm smart enough to know they don't need that chip to get whatever they want on me.

I don't trust the government. However, I'm smart enough to know they don't need that chip to get whatever they want on me.

Probably true. Now why would that make you inclined to give up more privacy?

Because of the potential benefits. This will be a reality before long. It will probably just take longer in the US thanks to the large amount of Protestant Christians.

Really, the chip would really help in the health care system. Make everything quicker and take away the guess work when an John Doe comes in to the ER.

Because of the potential benefits. This will be a reality before long. It will probably just take longer in the US thanks to the large amount of Protestant Christians.

Really, the chip would really help in the health care system. Make everything quicker and take away the guess work when an John Doe comes in to the ER.

What benefits? Most medical records are already being digitized and centrally stored- we're already moving toward that. For the (unlikely) situations where a person can't identify themselves and aren't carrying ID or a phone or anything else- why not use a fingerprint? what benefits does surgically implanting something into babies offer over a simple finger-print scanner or other non-invasive options?

one really cool thing about the internet is that you can actually go look at the bills online. if you do that, and refer to the section referred to in the original post, you will see that this is not at all what was portrayed in the OP.

This section creates a National Medical Device Registry which collects data from companies that provided MEDICAL DEVICES that get implanted in patients so that data on the safety of the devices can be collected and easily available to the public. For instance, if some company puts out an internal pacer that has certain complications associated with it, anyone and everyone can easily see if before they get that particular device implanted in them.

If you don't believe me then Google "Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 Online" and look for youself on pages 1001-1006

one really cool thing about the internet is that you can actually go look at the bills online. if you do that, and refer to the section referred to in the original post, you sill see that this is not at all what was portrayed in the OP.

This section creates a National Medical Device Registry which collects data from companies that provided MEDICAL DEVICES that get implanted in patients so that data on the safety of the devices can be collected and easily available to the public. For instance, if some company puts out an internal pacer that has certain complications associated with it, anyone and everyone can easily see if before they get that particular device implanted in them.

If you don't believe me then Google "Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 Online" and look for youself on pages 1001-1006

MythBusted.gif

And thankfully, so is Donte. ^_^

FDA Approves Human Chip Implants

Filed in archive Healthcare by Anita Campbell on October 19, 2004

VeriChip has been cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for implant in humans for medical purposes. The chip will help track medical conditions, prescriptions, treatment history, health insurance and like information.

Applied Digital Solutions and its sister company, Digital Angel, have been selling implantable chips for animals for 15 years. And for the past 3 years they have been selling the chips internationally for security applications.

So the usage is not new, just the FDA approval part.

The company press release is here. But for much more information listen to the company conference call (October 13) replay on the company's website. It outlines the market rollout strategy for VeriChip's human medical usage.