Maurice Clarett pondering a NFL return

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 nativefalcon

nativefalcon

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,953 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

I put this in anything because Clarett is still in the Pokey. :( But good Gawd would any NFL team take a chance on this guy? Wonder if he still will have his bottle of Grey Goose in his water bottle. :P

It appears Maurice Clarett is still thinking about football. And after reading one of his latest blog posts (he writes a blog from prison, where he is serving 3 1/2 years on robbery and illegal weapons possession), it wouldn't be a surprise if he attempts a comeback when he is released. Clarett was given a 3 1/2-year sentence in September, 2006, and will theoretically be freed in time for the 2010 season.

New York Newsday

http://www.fannation...urn?eref=fromSI

#2 JayOzOne

JayOzOne

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,080 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

That boy is dumber than a sack of rocks.

#3 great white hope

great white hope

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

LOL I forgot about him. Maybe he and Vick can play together. LOL

#4 Padawan Knight

Padawan Knight

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

View Postgreat white hope, on May 28 2009, 07:27 PM, said:

LOL I forgot about him. Maybe he and Vick can play together. LOL

In the National Felons League

#5 vafalconfan

vafalconfan

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:23 AM

Now that would be a stretch..I was astounded that the Broncos spent a 3rd round pick for him and that was before he robbed someone..

#6 JayOzOne

JayOzOne

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,080 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

People don't know how much of a tool this kid is alleged to actually be.  I live in Central Ohio, so I heard a lot (that I presume to be true).  
First, he was arrested stealing a cell phone from someone in an alley behind a bar.  This never made sense to me until I found out that the woman had taken a photo with the phone of him snorting lines while in the bar.

Second, he turned rat on his university because they gave him breaks.  It didn't occur to him that an upstanding young man wouldn't need or accept them to begin with.  So, as bad as the school's actions were, his were no better and this didn't help him with personnel people in the NFL.  This was swept under the rug IMO by OSU and the NCAA didn't do enough to punish the school.

Third, he was driving around in a car for free when someone stole CDs and a few other things out of it.  Somehow, it was okay for the athlete to "test drive" the vehicle for days so long as it wasn't considered a loan or gift.  He also lied to the cops and said that $5000 worth of stuff was stolen but never substantiated that figure.  When asked about the use of cars by Clarett and other OSU players, Coach Jim Tressel and others all took a "really?  I never noticed that" spin and the heat fell on compliance office underlings.

Fourth, he was the supposed reason Troy Smith took $500 from a sleazy booster.  Clarett begged onto Smith's mother's family plan and didn't pay the phone bill, so she went into collections.  I used to wonder why Smith would take a risk for such a small amount and it turns out he didn't want his mom to be stressed over doing a favor for him.  At this time, nobody considered Smith a likely draft pick in the League.

Finally, when he was out of football for a year, he was connected with a member of the Russian mob who gave him use of a Southern California beach house, a high end car, money, and was paying for an expensive personal trainer for Clarett.  The idea was that Clarett, presumably a first round draft choice at the time, would repay the favors by giving the mobster a third of his initial check.  Instead of doing what he needed to do, he enjoyed the high life, partied to excess, blew off the trainer, performed awfully at the combine, and turned off NFL interviewers by his attitude.  When Denver drafted him (LOL) he chose not to take a fair signing bonus that may have gotten him off the hook with his "friends" in order to get an incentive-laced contract that had the potential to pay him much more if he did well on the field.

But then, he chose to sit out of conditioning drills and practice with a non-diagnosed injury and was found drinking Goose in the workout rooms.  Since Denver hadn't invested the signing bonus and because they always have 20-30 running backs on their roster, Einstein was cut.  He was finally arrested at 3:00 AM driving with a car full of guns and bottle of Grey Goose in the area that the primary witness against him resided.  Speculation was that he was going after the witness before the trial but it is now believed that he was scared ###less that Igor and his friends were going to collect either money or its equivalent in flesh.

What a freaking moron.

#7 Knight of God

Knight of God

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,600 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:06 AM

CFL will take him.

#8 Carter

Carter

Your Dad

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,311 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:31 PM

I'm sure he's pondering a lot of things with all the time he's got on his hands right about now.

Vinegar + water = Maurice Clarett