SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 BruceReville

BruceReville

Worshipper Of TOFU!

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

As a future season ticket holder I want Metallica for a half-time show along with Playboy bunnies in my lap -- if I can't have that I'll take a sticker and yearbook instead :w00t:

#22 RODDY NATION

RODDY NATION

Roster Player

• Banned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:05 AM

well I look at my Season tix like this...Either I can just dump them, or I can keep'em...or I could UPGRADE to better seats hoping that the team comes around???

#23 MrHughes

MrHughes

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:55 PM

falkonfan (12/14/2007) I too have been a STH for five years and enjoy the camaraderie I have with some of the people in my section(302 row 7). I have three seats that started at 19.00 that are now 42.00. It is simple economics for me, 1200+ for tix, 75-80 on refreshments eight times a year and 100.00 for parking pass. I will need a small loan to continue renewing at this rate. However, I do LOVE the FALCONS, so I guess I'll being applying for a small loan. BankerBird, can u help me out? (lol) GO BIRDS!

I sit in 328 myself. I feel you on the camaraderie that you have with people in your section. We are all like family and most of us have been there since at least 2002. It's always nice to see people come back, talk with the famililar faces and see kids grow up.

My suggestions to you is these... cut back on the refreshments and start taking Marta. I spend maybe $80 the entire season on food since I don't drink alcohol in the Dome and a two marta passes for the season costs aproximately the same amount of what it costs to park at two preseason games and the home opener. That's the way I've made it more affordable and justified the price increases. In addition, you save on gas and time taking Marta to the games. Also, consider opening a savings account at a credit union and have money automatically deducted each pay period for your tickets. Your $1200 could be paid by putting away as little as $23 per week, or $46 biweekly. That's how I take care of my big expenses and never really miss the money. Most people spend $23 a week on lunch over a 2-3 day period.

#24 Shiney_McShine

Shiney_McShine

Sticks & stones......

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,267 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:21 PM

Again, I am unsure why the excessive angst has to be such a big deal. I keep thinking threads like these are not observations about the current affairs, but a cry for attention. I say that because not many of us expected much this year.......Before Vick was suspended, before D Hall's melt down, before Grady Jackson was cut, before all the injuries and certainly before Petrino skipped town. It's like knowing you are already late for work, then having a flat tire on the way, then wanting to sell your car because it had a flat tire. What do some of you do in real life when things go bad? It concerns me that when the Falcons struggle in a season of unusual, one of a kind circumstances, some of you go in to a "end of the world" mode. Life is much easier without the drama.

#25 dirty4life

dirty4life

Roster Player

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

Shiney_McShine (12/14/2007) Again, I am unsure why the excessive angst has to be such a big deal. I keep thinking threads like these are not observations about the current affairs, but a cry for attention. I say that because not many of us expected much this year.......Before Vick was suspended, before D Hall's melt down, before Grady Jackson was cut, before all the injuries and certainly before Petrino skipped town. It's like knowing you are already late for work, then having a flat tire on the way, then wanting to sell your car because it had a flat tire. What do some of you do in real life when things go bad? It concerns me that when the Falcons struggle in a season of unusual, one of a kind circumstances, some of you go in to a "end of the world" mode. Life is much easier without the drama.

I don't think this was a wooo's me thread. I think the poster posed a reasonable question: What is the advantage of being a season ticket holder.....and besides knowing what seat you will be in every week there isn't one RIGHT NOW. In my case my section is full of new people every week and a lot of the time opposing fans. When you have made sacrifices to get season tickets and then find out after the fact the the same ticket you paid 52.00 is going for 50 - 70% less on stub hub and ebay it is discouraging.

#26 twright21

twright21

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,076 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:35 PM

i've been a STH for 10 years. when i was little, i always said that's what i want when i get a real job, lol. were it not for the seats i have, i would just dump mine and buy on a per game basis. however, i've got a row of 3 to myself right beside the tunnel. i've sat elsewhere to get a feel for things, and the up and down letting drunk people go past all game long (including while we're going for it on a 4th and 1????wth???) absolutely drove me nuts. i've got my three seats, i like the people around me, and no one is there to bother me.

that being said, my tickets have went from $33 to $79 per game. yes, i understand that they had to go up, but nearly 3x the original price? with less perks and extras???

honestly, if they want to gain some goodwill, here's what they could do:

1. adjust the price paid on the preseason games. that is the ultimate kick in the nuts that they get us with. i can barely give those away, and i get a $240 hit for each game.

2. work a price plan that counts in how many tickets someone buys. why not a discount the more tickets that someone buys (over 2)? that would encourage renewals, especially for those with more than 2 seats.

3. bring back some extra perks. i think of myself as investing in the team when i have to right that check each year. i would like more on my return. it could be done through special promotions at the game or promotions off the field through falcons365.

i'll renew because i will not be able to get those seats again. i'd love to add another in my same area where there are 2-4 seat rows, but they're hard to get and the price would be too much this year, especially after i had to eat tickets to a game because no one i know would even make an offer on them. i used to get 2-3x face value if i had to sell a game or two that i couldn't attend. thanks to dogfighting, those days are long gone.

#27 toughd

toughd

Rookie

• Banned Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:17 PM

I'm for the falcons and I hope they win. But ever since Dan Reeves has left, why anyone would buy season tickets is beyond me. You can't have a good team without a good coach.

#28 BirdyDird

BirdyDird

Roster Player

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:34 PM

RODDY NATION (12/14/2007) well I look at my Season tix like this...Either I can just dump them, or I can keep'em...or I could UPGRADE to better seats hoping that the team comes around???

REALLY!?

#29 dipper

dipper

DIPPER

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:45 PM

It seems like some folks are missing the point. I hope I can paint a better picture for you.

If your the first person to purchase a home in a new subdivision you expect to pay less for your home than the last person to purchase a home in your subdivision. Better yet you should get a few upgrades for free, also you get the chance to pick the best lot.

All we get is a STH sticker and last year we got the sticker at the end of the year. At least give us discounted parking... Show us some love for selling out the dome before tickets even go on sale. 15,000+ STH turned in there tickets at the start of the season, why shouldn't the remaining STH get a little pat on the back for sticking it out with the team.

"You want DIEHARD fans, well treat us like DIEHARD fans should be treated".

#30 popcornplaya

popcornplaya

Matty Ice killed 53 Bears in 11 seconds, beat that Chuck Norris

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:54 PM

Season ticket holders buy season tickets because they are guaranteed a seat at every single game. It is the same seat. When you buy them, most likely, you buy them where other season ticket holders will be. As a result you sit next to other Falcons fans. Had Michael Vick not gotten into trouble, you'd have had the toughest ticket to get in the NFL. And it would be far more expensive to buy them for individual games. Unfortunately, that is a risk you run when buying season tickets. You do not know if a star player or a person that makes the cogs turn for the team will get hurt, injured, traded, etc. You buy them to assure yourself a seat.

Take a look at Green Bay. They have a long waiting list. They have diehard fans that stick with them through thick and thin (one thing I hate about Atlanta sports is that the fans are fairweather). They suffered through losing seasons, but they've had Super Bowl years, exciting moments, etc. That's what they get for their season tickets, the enjoyment of being able to be there when something magic happens. Same thing here.

I'm a season ticket holder. I enjoy going to the games because the people that are there will be there unless something happens. My seats aren't the greatest, but I patiently bided my time to get them, and hopefully with all of the fair weather fans that will be dumping their tickets, I will get better seats. That's a risk I run. So what if the team stinks? I'm going to have a good time supporting the team I love no matter what the outcome. I love the Birds, and I love attending the home games. While I got a bad product, the experience is still fun every time I go. I still get loud and enjoy the games. I'm left with an empty feeling at times because we lose, but I stick with them. We aren't going to be bad forever. And hopefully I'll have great seats for when we are on top of the mountain again.

That's my value and reasoning behind buying them.

It's also why I go and try to find better seats every week. Because the closer I get the more exciting it becomes. I take a loss to move up sometimes, but to me it's worth it. If I can't move up, I still have a seat in the Dome with my season tickets.