JDaveG

New fitness thread!

1,836 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

Maybe I am conflating Paleo with Keto, but you have to get some carbs to do intense workouts.

Man up and do dehydrated crossfit...

my dumb arse does it waaaay too often.  100 degrees outside and no AC.

Flip Flop likes this

I'm in the best shape of my life right now.  6 foot 3 and about 205.  My resting heart rate is 55 which is considered athlete level.  My workout schedule is pretty insane though:

Sunday: Weightlifting (full body)
Monday: Rest day (much needed)
Tuesday: BJJ class followed by karate class right after
Wednesday: Weightlifting (full body)
Thursday: BJJ class followed by karate class right after
Friday: BJJ class followed by judo class right after
Saturday: Karate class followed by BJJ open mat (free rolling)

Hard to keep up with that workout schedule with minor injuries here and there (mostly from BJJ).   I also have been working through some knee issues which has required a little physical therapy.  http://patient.info/health/knee-pain-patellofemoral-pain

My hips are slightly hurting from being out of place so long. What is a good exercise/machine at the gym?

Also I have scoliosis in my upper back between my spine. what is a good exercise/machine workout for that at the gym? this morning I woke up not being able to sleep on my back because of the pain in my spine. (I was in a car accident in september, and it made my back hurt worse. and it also brought back my chostochondritis. my number one thing I want to fix is my spine because it hurts the most. and the chiropractor is not really helping with that part of my body). 

On 3/1/2017 at 0:20 AM, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

My hips are slightly hurting from being out of place so long. What is a good exercise/machine at the gym?

Also I have scoliosis in my upper back between my spine. what is a good exercise/machine workout for that at the gym? this morning I woke up not being able to sleep on my back because of the pain in my spine. (I was in a car accident in september, and it made my back hurt worse. and it also brought back my chostochondritis. my number one thing I want to fix is my spine because it hurts the most. and the chiropractor is not really helping with that part of my body). 

I'd talk to a physical therapist. 

1000 mile goal for running this year.  Currently at 232 miles.  Slightly ahead of pace.